Please consider joining the SCORE Peoria Chapter 0090 team of SCORE Volunteers who are giving back to the community, sharing their real-world knowledge with aspiring entrepreneurs and established small business owners, and having a positive impact on the regional economic development.
SCORE Peoria serves 10 counties in the Central Illinois Region: Fulton, Knox, Marshall, Mason, Peoria, Putnam, Stark, Tazewell, Warren and Woodford Counties. Our current SCORE Volunteers are mostly located in Peoria and Tazewell Counties – we have a real need for SCORE Volunteers in our other service areas.
As a member of SCORE, you will be part of a nationally recognized association.
SCORE was founded in 1964 by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Today there are over 13,000 volunteer counselors and over 365 chapters in the United States. SCORE Peoria was founded in 1965.
SCORE Peoria provides the following free and confidential services:
- One-on-one mentoring for business and nonprofit organizations
- Free Workshops
- On-Line resources
The Peoria Chapter has counseled thousands of clients. Each SCORE Volunteer has the opportunity to “give back” by helping others to achieve their dreams. SCORE Peoria is having a very positive impact on the economic growth of our Region.
Each SCORE Volunteer receives special training and mentoring, augmented by monthly meetings with our group of over 20 other SCORE Volunteers. Volunteers have the opportunity to participate in our SCORE workshops.
We are confident that you will find it energizing, stimulating and interesting to work with the aspiring entrepreneurs of our community.
If you are interested in becoming a SCORE Volunteer, please call us at (309) 676-0755. or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SCORE Volunteers are working, semi-retired or retired, experienced business people, managers and/or business owners from widely diversified fields. They donate their time to advise and assist SCORE Clients with their business planning and operations. SCORE Volunteers can provide insight into how to plan, start, franchise, manage or obtain financing for a business. Some volunteer mentors have general business knowledge and some have specialized expertise.
- SCORE Volunteers also have experience with nonprofit organizations and can help your nonprofit with business planning, cost management, leadership or board issues.
- All SCORE Volunteers submit an application that summarizes their experience, complete several hours of SCORE Training and work with other SCORE Volunteers to learn how to mentor SCORE Clients.
- All SCORE Volunteers sign a code of ethics statement each year that commits each SCORE Volunteer to confidentiality and no conflict of interests.
- SCORE Peoria can also access SCORE Volunteers throughout the United States who might have the specialty skill or background that will help your business or nonprofit.